Monday, September 14, 2009

Egg Cream




I recently went to New York for the second time, and I loved every minute of it. This time I explored more of the delicious and delectable aspects of this great city. One of them being a more classic New York flavor: The Egg Cream. Don't worry. There are no eggs in it. I was slightly frightened at first too. It's basically a milkshake, but instead of milk, they mix seltzer water with the ice cream. Remember to get the vanilla, because the chocolate is gross. Above is THE place to get it. It's this hole in the wall news store on one of the corners on St Mark's. You just go to the guy at the counter and ask for one.





This is Dorothy, offering me a taste of the Egg Cream. She's another favorite of mine. She's originally from the Bay Area too, but lives in Manhatten and besides the fact that New York is awesome, she is my other good reason to try to go back as often as I can. She's so much fun and is a foodie like me. She works for DCTV, a non-profit television station, and located in an old firehouse in Chinatown. She's super and smart and is about to start at the New School to get her masters. She's into philosophy and filmmaking. How much cooler can you get?

2 comments:

  1. totally had one a week and a half ago. But I have to make a correction (since I watched them make mine). There is milk and flavoring in it, but they use the seltzer instead of ice cream
    -Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the difference. Thanks for the correction!

    ReplyDelete